Thursday, July 10

It is beginning to look a lot like SUMMER

FINALLY some good times! I love summer, even in the Texas heat! I love swimming at the lake, fishing with the kids, hanging out. Summer is usually stress free (unless we are having AC problems). It just hasn't seemed like summer until this week! We have been busy catching up! We have fished & fished & fished. Tucker is quite the little fisherman. He has mastered doing it all on his own. He casts like a pro & can even reel his 2 lb. striper in all on his own! The only problem is that no matter how many fish he catches it is always, "just one more" when it is time to go. Trevor, on the other hand, thinks he can do it by himself. What a little temper he can have when it comes to fishing! He insists on doing it without help. The problem is that he is fishing left handed. Tim keeps trying to get him to do it with his right hand but he always goes back to the left. Tim says left handed poles are more expensive! They are both very cute to see fish. Every now & then I get a chance to cast a few lines & I caught my first striper! What a fight it put up. It was so much fun!

We have also been swimming. The little boys are learning to swim (again). Last summer they were little fish, but over the year they forgot. Tucker almost has swimming w/o floaties down & Trevor is doing so good swimming on his own with the floaties. They are both fearless & love jumping in. Tyler is practicing diving & is so proud that he can go down deeper than Taylor can. Taylor is a huge help in the pool & loves to try to teach the boys. Tucker has us all beat on the tan -- he says he is black! He is so dark.

Trevor, I have received so many e-mails still asking about how our little Trevor is doing. I am so touched that our family is still in your thoughts. WOW! Yes, this trial is not yet over completely, but we are seeing light at the end of the tunnel. The infection has been totally gone. The "knot" is still there & still very sensitive. It is painful for him to put shirts on & take them off. He can't have direct sunlight to help with the scars, so we are duck-taping a hat to him. lol Not really! He is getting used to wearing a hat when he is outside. The scars are scars . . . I don't really know what to say about that. It is still hard to say what I think about them. Could it be worse? Absolutely! However, I would like for him to not have any scars from this at all. "Oh, he is a boy." Is something I have heard one too many times! Yeah, I'm sure we would be more worried if it were our daughter, but he is still my baby. Boy or Girl, I just hate for him to have a permanent reminder of this. I am planning on making an appointment with a plastic surgeon -- More for an opinion at this point. I want to know how old he will be (I know time heals a lot) before this is as least noticeable as possible. Then I want them to tell me best case scenario how noticeable noticeable is. Time, humm . . . I am torn on this. Don't get me wrong, I am not "for" surgery & I love him & think he is absolutely adorable either way. I just want things (including his face) to be like this never happened. Maybe that is the shock in me - wishful thinking. I look at his face & see the scar next to his eye & I can't help but praise God for it not being worse. I guess my best answer for the scarring is that we are putting vitamin e on it, like the doctors told us too & keeping his face shaded from the sun & are praying for God to guide us in making a decision on the rest. Here is a video of Trevor swimming.

No comments: