So this week God has been showing me ALL the things I have to be thankful for. Sometimes in the midst of the storms of life I tend to forget what we do have to be thankful for. People attempt to comfort me with, ". . . it could always be worse." Yes, very true. I don't know about you, but that doesn't usually make me feel better. It could also be a lot better too! So my challenge this week has been to look for the better. Do you ever have moments in time that you just want to take a mental picture of or shout out to the Lord, "Thank you! Thank you for this very moment!"? Well, this week I have been saying it out loud! Praise God!
We finally had a normal week (well normal for us -- Trevor did jab a key in Tyler's ear, drawing blood. I wanted to cry when the nurse said, "you may want to bring him in just to be sure . . ." Sure of WHAT? - He was fine & the doctor called back - knowing my history - & said the key wouldn't be long enough to do any damage -- That was a "THANK YOU JESUS!!")
This week am taking the time to stop & smell the roses & thank Him for them!
Last night I laid between Tucker & Trevor in their bed as I was "nugllin' dem" (trying to get them to GO TO SLEEP!) & they each had a webkins in bed with them. Tucker had a dog & Trevor had a cat -- how ironic. The dog & cat were fighting just like Tucker & Trevor do. I just couldn't help but laugh. Instead of getting frustrated with them for playing in bed or not going to sleep (at 10pm! -- Gammy must have given them caffeine while they were with her!) I just smiled & thanked God for that moment with them. They are so cute - even at 10pm.
I know we all have our trials, test, storms & floods. It is so easy to fall into the wallowing in our misery & pain. I think sometimes we need to, but then there comes the time to remember God is good & He is in control. Look for the good!
Here are some of the things I have to be thankful for:
My children. They are beautiful, funny, sweet, crazy, happy, full of joy, not a worry in the world. THANK YOU!
My husband. My best friend, my shoulder to cry on, the voice of reason, my biggest fan, my playmate. I love him!
My family. My Momma. My Brad. My sister & bothers. My dad. My Paw Paw (he makes me smile). Maw Maw. My aunts. My cousins girls. Gammy. My father-in-laws (so sweet).
My friends.
My house & all the things my husband has worked hard for to provide for us that we may take advantage of from day to day.
The "Thank You God" moments.
Go look for you "Thank You God" moments & come back & tell me about them!
Tiff
No comments:
Post a Comment