Christmas was a little different for us this year. Big Daddy had to work Christmas Eve & Christmas day. This was our first Christmas without him home. He has had to work Christmas before, but he wasn't on a 12 hour shift, so we were still able to have Christmas morning together. Taylor & Tyler spent the week before Christmas with their mom & dad's families. They both had a great time, but it just didn't seem the same without them here that week. The Mustangs & I spent Christmas with my family. We were finally all together the day after Christmas & that is when we did our Santa.
I posted previously on Christmas gift issues so here is what we did. Big Daddy & I each got a couple gifts for each child & a couple to the group & 1 big gift from both of us. He got everyone BB guns & fishing poles. I got each kid a lap-desk designed especially for each one (Tyler - baseball, Taylor - girly, Tucker - fishing pole, Trevor - frog). The big gifts: Taylor - digital camera, Tyler - Lego's Castle, Tucker & Trevor - wagon.
Then each child was able to get a gift for the others.
Stockings: Hot Chocolate cups w/ hot chocolate & marshmallows, rubber band gun, play dough, mini football, silly putty, gold fish, gum, binoculars, flash lights, nail gems, lip-gloss, tooth brush/paste, floss, plastic animals, beads for a bracelet, & I'm sure there is more I'm leaving out.
The kids & I got Big Daddy a 12" digital picture frame & he got me a leather western Bible case & the kids got me a Blue Jean figurine of a pregnant mommy & a little boy.
Baby "T" got binkis.
No comments:
Post a Comment