Monday, December 22

Praise God

Today I had a check-up with the eye doctor & got a GREAT report. I don't know medically how it all works, but I would like to just call it a miracle.

Here is a brief explanation from medicine.net:

"Most people are surprised to find out that two types of herpes viruses -- the one that causes cold sores and the one that causes chickenpox -- can cause serious eye problems.

These two viruses are not the same virus that causes genital herpes, and herpetic eye disease is not a sexually transmitted disease.

One of the viruses that cause herpetic eye disease is called the varicella-zoster virus. It is the same virus that causes chickenpox and the nervous system disease shingles. When this virus affects the eye, it is called herpes zoster ophthalmicus.

The other virus that causes herpetic eye disease is called herpes simplex type 1. Herpes simplex type 1 is the same virus that causes cold sores on the lips and mouth. In the eye, it usually causes an infection of the cornea. This infection is called herpes simplex keratitis."

Originally it was thought that I had the zoster virus. Today I was told that my symptoms appear to be more of simplex type 1 virus. Which it is my understanding, puts the baby at much less risk. I have not had the opportunity to confirm with my OBGYN; however, I believe the risk now is equivalent to me having a cold sore.

Thank you all so much for your prayers - Be assured they were heard & ANSWERED!

God Bless,

2 comments:

CAB said...

Fantastic news! Praise God from whom all blessings flow!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness everyones prayers were answered!!