Thursday, February 4

My Man . . .

. . . is quite the handyman!

101_2048  He is turning my kitchen into something you might see in a magazine.  How could I have ever even considered hiring someone to do this?  Oh yeah, because it has taken him over a year to get to this point & he is the Mr. Never Finishes Anything.  Big Daddy not only bough me my dream refrigerator (LOVE IT!!!  You are the man Big Daddy!  THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!), but he also made a guest appearance in my kitchen recently.  Wanna see what he’s been up to?  Well, I wanna brag . . .

Countertop is finished! 

101_2054

Drawers are done!

101_2057101_2058

Doors were added under the sink:

101_2053

101_2068101_2069I found these holders for pot lids & grocery bags at IKEA.  They fit perfectly under the sink. – Great space saver!

101_2056Is this not the perfect sink mat?  I got this at Target for like $6 I think. 

Lazy Susan was tore out & replaced with a shelf.

*Originally, we placed a metal lazy susan from IKEA in the corner, but it did NOT work & broke very easily. 

101_2055

Dare I say?  It’s beginning to look almost finished!!

Next on the list is:

  • finishing the trim
  • adding the remaining doors
  • adding a light over the kitchen table
  • painting the doors
  • building a kitchen table & bench
  • finding chairs

Hopefully, it won’t take another year for us to get around to these things :)

I love my kitchen Big Daddy! 

. . .  But I LOVE YOU MORE!!