Wednesday, March 17

Lil’ Buckaroo’s Tiny Tot Time

I am almost sad to admit it, but because yesterday my sweet baby buckaroo climbed on top of the activity table & stood up – it is VERY obvious that he is quickly becoming a toddler & not a baby anymore. ((sigh))

If there is one thing I have learned in homeschooling my outlaws it is that I need structure & something ready to go to keep them busy while I’m working with a sibling. My Lil’ Buckaroo is at that point – he needs to be kept busy, rather than keeping me busy :)

So without further ado, here is my first post on Tiny Tot Time . . .

I have been looking desperately for the perfect touch & feel books & word books. I was delighted to find these at my most recent excursion to Barnes & Noble (BTW, B&N gives 20% off to homeschoolers):

101_2575

They are a set of 16 touch & feel picture cards. I absolutely love these!! They come in a very sturdy box with a magnetic flip-lid that stands perfectly…

101_2579

The picture cards themselves very sturdy with large, bight, colorful, life-like picture on them & the name of the picture printed out in bold letters. Each card has a touch & feel spot on the picture & the texture varies from card to card. 101_2578

The back of the cards offer more information & activity prompts. At the bottom of the cards is a language section, which tells how to say the word in four other languages (Spanish, French, German, & Chinese). These cards are wonderful & have truly held my Lil’ Buckaroo’s attention as well as given us special mommy – baby tot time together. 101_2577

For the time being we are using these cards in the simplest fashion imaginable; however, as my tot develops we will begin using them in all ways intended. I foresee these cards leading to many future activities. They will be fantastic for sorting, classifying, & even learning colors (they are outlined in a bright color & could be used for sorting colors). I only purchased the Farm set & First Words set, but will definitely add more to our collection. Here is a list of other titles in this series:

  • Animals
  • Colors & Shapes
  • Things That Co
  • Numbers & Counting

*On a side note – clothes are NOT a requirement for Tiny Tot Time :)