Saturday, June 5

Super Woman

What are you . . .

What kind of woman are you? 

What kind of wife are you? 

What kind of mother are you? 

We are all guilty of it from time to time . . . trying to be “Super Mom” comparing ourselves to others, over extending ourselves, putting unbelievable amounts of pressure upon our shoulders . . . 

While on this journey of life I have come to realize that there is no such thing as a “Super Woman” off any kind.  Instead of trying to fly, I have put my cape down & fallen to my knees & begged my Lord to help me become a  Godly women! I fail daily, but He doesn’t.  His grace & mercy amaze me.  Life is so much better when you are living for Him & His approval rather than the worlds.  There is no such thing as a “Super Woman” – it is impossible.  But when we make God the center of our lives, marriages, home(school), & parenting the rest falls into place. 

Several weeks back, at our Curriculum Show & Tell, I sat in a room & listened to a group of wonderful women offer some fantastic tips.  Here is the list I returned home with:

  1. God 1st, husband next, then kids.
  2. Don’t compare yourself to others!
  3. Let your family be who God wants them to be.
  4. Accountability is a necessity.
  5. Learn Scripture. TOGETHER!
  6. School is NOT Life!! (This can apply not only to homeschool families, but all families.)

For so much of my life, my marriage, & my motherhood I have strived to be PERFECT – “Super Woman,”  but God has tenderly (& NOT so tenderly at times) showed me that it is far more satisfying to be a Godly woman.  I will never be perfect.  I am sinful little thing.  Seriously!  But I so badly want to be the Proverbs My marriage would be such a mess without God.  I am by far the perfect wife & honestly, I don’t think I like her anyway.  I do however, admire a Godly wife to my very core.  My poor kids.  I love them so much.  How did I get chosen to be their mom.  WOW!  I’m no super mom, but what a blessing it will be if someday they look back & say they had a Godly mom. 

Oh, Lord my God, I need Your help.  Through You ALL things are possible.  Please mold me & to be like You.  Teach me Your ways.  Put the desire in my heart so that I may be a Godly daughter that brings glory to her Father.

I loose it.  He shows me where it is.  And WE put it back together, together.