Saturday, July 3

Enough

Do you ever have enough?  The other day I overheard Trevor yelling at his brother, “Tucker!!  That is enough & I mean it!!”  Where on earth did he get that from.  Ahem! 

Yes, I have had enough at times & I meant it.

I take my job as a mommy very seriously & when someone insults my mommy skills it is rather hard to swallow.  I’m kinda sensitive like that.  Although I know I’m not perfect, I don’t really like to be told that & after hearing a list of all my mistake I kinda get enough of it . . .

I consider myself a GOOD mommy.  In fact, I’d say I am a VERY GOOD mommy.  Good, but not perfect.  I love my kids very much.  There isn’t anything I wouldn’t do for them.  They are my life!  However, I make mistakes – daily.  Hopefully, nothing too psychologically damaging.  In addition to taking my motherhood seriously, I also take my journey with God very seriously.  I love Jesus.  I love spending time with Him.  I love sharing about Him with my kids.  However, I fail daily at my Christ-like characteristics.  I try wholeheartedly to put the armor of God on & posses the fruits of the Spirit & each day I fall flat on my face!  But I try!!

During a rough time in being the other mom, I was continually feeling attacked.  A statement was made that attacked the kind of mom I am.  The statement really upset me, but so did my response unfortunately. 

The person making this statement was implying that I think I’m better than her.  Absolutely!  But only according to worldly standards.  In God’s eyes I think He was more disappointed in me than her.  Unfortunately, my response was not Christ-like, even though at the time I thought it was.  Instead of giving some therapeutic reflecting response like, “I’m sorry you feel that way.”  or “So what I hear you saying . . .”  I took the sword of the spirit & stabbed my accuser right in the heart!  Sure did.  Romans 8:31 to be exact.  And almost instantly, God began to hold that stinkin’ mirror in my face.  Sure thang!  That night I could hear the Holy Spirit speaking to me  . . .

“Tiffany, you used my precious scripture to one up a fallen child of mine.  I love her just as I love you.  You did not use the sword of the spirit to fight MY battle, you used it to fight your own.  She is not the enemy my child.  I see your heart & I know you love Me.  Let that be enough.”

I am so glad He doesn’t get enough of me!