Saturday, July 17

Selfish

Do you ever feel selfish?

Honestly, do you ever catch yourself craving just a little selfishness?

Sue Patrick made a statement in her workbox book that really stood out to me,

selfish attitudes such as
“What about my career?”
“What about time for me?”

I have yet to be able to find answers to or support for these questions in the Bible.

Is wanting/needing ME time selfish?  Am I wrong for escaping to my office to blog or scrapbook when I could be selfless & devote more time to my family?

I’m reading Lisa Whelchel’s book, “Taking Care of the Me in Mommy,” & it has made me realize how import it is for me to be a little selfish every now & then.  Don’t get me wrong, I know where Sue is coming from & I agree completely with her in the extreme circumstances.  I have priorities & a commitment to my family FIRST & FOREMOST.  I am a daughter of the King of Kings, my husband’s helper & my children’s mother & teacher.  BUT then I am Tiffany.  I LOVE how Lisa put’s it . . .

“… occasionally the exhaustion and busyness overwhelms us and we lose sight of this truth.  When we pull away from the mayhem, regroup, and refresh, we come back with more to give than if we stayed in the rut, running around in circles, being the ‘good mom.’ ”

In her book Lisa offers fantastic suggestions & tips for busy mommies to take care of themselves spiritually, emotionally, & physically.  Not only is the book wonderful, but Lisa’s website offers a “Personal Mom Coach” specifically for mom’s who have purchased “Taking Care of the Me in Mommy.”  I love it!  Now I’d love to stay & chat, but I gotta go take better care of ME!!