Tyler is going to be in 4th grade this year. I cannot believe how fast time has flown by. Sometimes it seems like just yesterday . . . we were beginning our homeschool journey. This year we will be entering our 5th year of homeschooling.
Here is my curriculum list for Momma’s Boy:
- A Reason For Handwriting Book D
- Spell Well Book C Cc
- Wordly Wise Book 3 or 4 ??
- Analytical Grammar
- Write Shop C
- Teaching Textbooks Math 5 & maybe the Fred Fraction book
- Winter Promise Sea & Sky (Science & History)
- This is a world history study that looks at major world events through the history of sailing and flight.
- I decided to hold off on joining a Classical Conversations group this year; however, I foresee it being apart of our schooling next year. At this point we will use the Foundations guide & cycle 2 cd’s for some memory work. I plan to implement this with the math facts, some of the science (the astronomy portion which coincides with our WP studies), some of the grammar, a little of the timeline facts, & the Bible memory work – the book of Ephesians.
Reading is still a challenge for Tyler so I will continue with the reading strategies I have learn over the passed few years. My goal this year is to get him reading books he will love! Here are some books I am hoping he can tackle this year:
- Mrs. Piggle Wiggle
- Shiloh
- Encyclopedia Brown
- Little Tim & the Brave Sea Captain
- Pirate’s Promise
- Hank the Cowdog
- The Gift of the Pirate Queen
- A Lion to Guard Us
- Pippi Longstocking
- Seabird
- Pagoo