Monday, January 10

My Love: HATE relationship with PSE

One of my goals for 2011 was to stay on top of my digital photos & scrapbook more.  I use Creative Memories Memory Manager software to organize & store all my digital media.  I love it!  In addition to the program automatically storing them by date (down to the day taken), I  am also able to create personalized folders (I create). So I can either browse by date or person, event, topic, etc. If I have a picture of all the boys playing baseball I can store it in each of their folders & in the baseball folder.  The best part is that it only takes up the space for 1 picture on my computer memory.  I am very proud to say ALL my digital media is officially organized!  YAY!

For the past year I have been using a digital scrapbooking software, Storybook Creator (also by CM).  I love it!  But since I have began doing a little photography semiprofessionally, I decided to purchase Photoshop Elements 8 for editing purposes.  Then I found the LIFE 365, Sweet & Simple, & now Every Day Life templates at Weeds & Wildflower Designs.  They are PS files.  Seriously, how hard could this be?  I’ve heard great things about the program & consider myself rather up to speed with techie stuff.  Ummm, not so much!  Within a week I ordered Photoshop Elements 8 For Dummies.  It is torture!!!  I have such wonderful plans for the FREE Coffee shop Actions for my pictures.  I dream of the fabulous digi pages I can create.  I would love to be able to do all the great things I hear & see others creating with PSE.  And I HATE that I can’t do it.  It took me HOURS to create these two VERY simple “Every Day” pages . . .

          Jan wk1_2_edited-1 Jan wk1_1_edited-1

I think I might just have the very basics down at this point.  Next is my weekly homeschool update!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I hear you! I think scrapping with PSE is so hard. I almost always use my CM software. I've been interested in the Memory Manager sotware, too. Glad to hear that you like it!