So, school started great. Took a quick turn for the worst in November when my lil’ buckaroo got sick. Then it was downhill all of December. January rolled around, a new year brought a little bit of hope, & I slowly, very slowly began to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Now that I no longer feel like I am driving into a head-on collision, I decided it was time to get the map back out & come up with a plan. Oh how I love knowing where I’m going. We all get lost in life, accidents are bound to happen, & every now & then we may feel a little lost, but sometimes if we just STOP & ask for directions (from God!!), the route we are on seems to make so much more sense. God has been telling me for quite some time now to just BE STILL. It has been so hard not to make any commitments or plans. It seriously irks me to look at an empty calendar, but I’ve had enough blow-outs to know that the true plan is “The Man’s” (above).
God is so faithful! Sometimes we often complain that the road we are has too many bumps or ditches to fall in. Other times we may feel like God’s speed is not our own. Many times I have felt like the AC was out & life was just unbearable. Then there are the darkest seasons, where life is just chilling. You are so cold in the inside, numb to the world. But if you just STOP. Turn the radio off & listen. Our tour guide is more than willing to show us the way.
All that to say, I gotta plan! I’m ready to fasten my seat belt & rare-up my engine. My little sister is graduating VALIVICTORIAN (ahem!!!!) from high school the end of May. The plan has been for us to head to Tennessee & stay most of the month preparing for all the big events. I am so excited!!! So, we gotta get our groove on & get this show on the road! Meaning, we gots some schoolin’ to catch up on. We put the petal to the metal this past month, doubled up on some of our core subjects, threw a few out the window (never looking back) & faithfully got ‘er done! Now that we are back on track I am ready for some mile markers :)
Math: Tyler will finish Teaching Textbook Math 5, T & T will finish MUS Primer no later than April. I haven’t decided if they will start the Alpha book right away or if I’ll just wait until we get back in June.
Reading: Same as planned. Just going with the flow. No major changes or plans as of yet.
Writing: They should all finish Write Shop by the beginning of May. We should be able to keep the pace of 1 lesson every day & may have to double up the last week or so, but I’m not sweatin’ it until April.
Language: T&T love First Language Lessons. I see this as a bonus – we finish when we finish. Hopefully, we will be to the half way marker by April & totally done well before September.
Grammar: Tyler will finish Analytical Grammar Jr. by the end of March.
Spelling: I’m not too sure Sequential Spelling is the thing for us. We are a hit & miss with this curriculum. I have something else in mind, but probably won’t change anything until we start a new school year. I have not started a formal spelling with the mustangs.
History & Science: Tyler will not be doing the entire year of Sea & Sky. I’ve thought long & hard about finishing it or starting new & decided to stop after week 27. The last nine weeks we will being skipping cover adventures in space & astronomy, which Tyler has already studied in our enrichment classes last year. Our itinerary now looks something like this: February - Pirates, March - American Ship building, & April - 20th Century Ships. Feb thru April he will be studying ocean biomes.
T&T will not complete all of Hideaways in History either. In February, they will take a little break & join Tyler for some fun Pirate activities. Then will continue our hideaways until April. This schedule worked out just as good as my plan for Tyler because where we will be stopping (American history) we will pick up next year, just using a different curriculum that includes all of them. What was I thinking splitting them up?!
We will take the whole month of May off from everything! During the hot Texas heat in June, July, & August they will all lightly hit Adventures in the air (this will take us from early aviation pioneers to world travel & sonic speed) & begin learning about types of weather & forecasting weather.
There it is. My directions for the remainder of our school year. Let’s see if we make it to our destination or end up in a completely unexpected place. Either way, God is in control & I can’t imagine where we’d be if He weren’t directing our path.
Are you where you expected to be? Are you still heading in the same direction you planned from the beginning or has your road split a few times along the way as well?
No comments:
Post a Comment