Whew! This is soooo late. The last time I posted our weekly review, I was on the verge of falling off the wagon & I even admitted a little fear for the upcoming weeks. Instead of even attempting to keep up with school, we got done what we could (of the basics). But mostly. Mostly we enjoyed each other . . .
At times, I’m very hard on myself for the lack of check-marks next to the pretty little boxes in my homeschool planner, but then I look at pictures like these. If my boys were in “school” they might have a nice collection of worksheets, & all kinds of facts memorized for a state standardized test, & they might even be “smarter” – better readers, writers, & spellers. BUT they certainly would not have the invaluable time with their dad ( or me), the irreplaceable brotherly bond, or near as awesome fishing skills :) We might be behind in public school standards or based on my planner, but I think we are right where God wants us & I’m totally cool with that, because He has a great way of working all the rest out.
No comments:
Post a Comment