I intended on listening to at least 2 workshops while I was at the Arlington Homeschool Convention, but lunch took precedence over the the second one. I ended up just listening to Shelley Noonan from Pumpkin Seed Press. She is the author of The Companion Guide to Beautiful Girlhood, Beyond Beautiful Girlhood, & The Three Weavers – WONDERFUL books!!! Did you know there is a “companion BLOG” for Beautiful Girlhood? It’s for moms of tweenage daughters going through Beautiful Girlhood and The Companion Guide to Beautiful Girlhood. Check it out HERE!!!
The workshop I attended was Beyond Beautiful Girlhood. She was fabulous!Shelley offered great suggestions & very funny stories (I can totally relate to her city girl - married farmer background). Her workshop referenced mostly girls, but I also walked away with great ideas for my boys too! I missed her second workshop, "5 Keys to Guarding Your Daughter's Heart" but I bought it on CD :) I love stocking up on recorded seminars. I listen to them throughout the summer to get me motivated & refreshed for a new year. Then I find myself listening to them again when I feel like I need a little pick-me up during the school year.
One thing that has really stood out to me in the seminars, books, blogs, etc. lately is that it starts with me. We’ve had quite a crazy few years – with Taylor’s drama, Truman’s illness, then a high-risk pregnancy. Plus all the in-between stuff. I used to be this schedule lovin’ fly lady, but with all the craziness my schedule & routine seemed to be short term & would just fly right out from under me. As I prepare to begin our next school year (starting in July), I am making great efforts to gain control over my home back. I have to step away from survival mode & begin managing my home better. My favorite quote from Shelley was,
“You have inspect what you expect!”
So, I’m doing a lot of self inspection, as well as, inspecting & training my boys so that we are off to a good start this summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment