Friday, June 24

All About Spelling

One of my new picks for curriculum this year is All About Spelling.  I have searched high & low for the perfect spelling/phonics curriculum.  I think I have found it.  As I prepare to start school (in a week – YIKES!!) I have been reading all the teacher guides familiarizing myself with the curriculum.  I totally fell in love with All About Spelling!

Here are the things I LOVE about this program:

  • The letter tiles are COLOR coded (& magnetic)!!
  • The Review Box – LOVE THIS IDEA!!  Each kid has their own review box & you begin each daily lesson with REVIEW!
  • Flashcards (also color coded) for each kid!! (purchased separately, but well worth it!!)
  • Like Winter Promise, your child learns all the sounds of a letter
  • The teacher’s guide includes “Don’t Forget” teaching reminders
  • Lesson plans are not planned out for you – no getting “behind” just moving ahead (at your child’s pace).  In fact the guide suggests, “schedule as many study secessions needed before moving on.”
  • The All About Reading books correspond with All About Spelling lessons.

All my boys are starting at level one.  I’m interested to see how each of them progresses through the program at their own speed.  I really think they are going to LOVE spelling this year – the multisensory is so important for my boys.  I’m so excited to begin!!

No comments: