Truman is currently learning the letter C & our theme is “caterpillars.” I have been so excited for this theme – we just love The Very Hungry Caterpillar. I set up his little area in our school{barn} with a felt mat & some books. He also has a few related books & activities inside his boxes.
I will be using Carissa’s The Very Hungry Caterpillar printouts, as well as several of the letter “C” printouts from Confession of a Homeschooler’s. Not to mention the plethora of idea’s I have pinned HERE.
We will also be including the Mustangs in on this one. For them I will be focusing more on number & color sight words, as well as the life cycle of a butterfly. We will be collecting as many different caterpillars as we can find & observing the different types of butterflies they turn into.
In addition to the letter “C”, Truman will be learning the color green & the same of a triangle. I have prepared a few trays & boxes for him: green rice, sand, & blubber (moon sand). The next row is play dough, colored pasta sorting, shape sorting transferring. The last row is a color green activities, letter box, stamping, & painting.
Truman usually spends 2-3 weeks on a theme & I know the bigger boys will not last that long on this, so with them I plan to follow up with a bug/garden/flower unit. (more on that soon hopefully)
No comments:
Post a Comment