. . It has been a while - I hope I don't have any dropouts! Now you have had a couple extra weeks to make your "Wish List" hopefully you have all done this - Go ahead and place it in the front of your binder we will come back to it later. Now we are going to continue making more lists.
This week I think we should make a CHORE list & we will add this list to our other Wish List at the end of the week. This week I want you to make 2 lists: 1. Daily Chores 2. Weekly Chores . . . Then I want you to decide when you want the daily chores done. Until recently my children did their chores all in the morning. I know one mom that completing chores is your ticket to breakfast. I found that doing everything in the morning made our day more crunched for time. So I have broken the chores into AM (first thing after breakfast), Lunch (to do while mom makes lunch), PM (before daddy gets home/after school). This is just a suggestion, if you do decide to make 2-3 time slots, it might be helpful to leave any out door chores for the afternoon, when the weather is warmer.
Just incase you need ideas Here is our list currently, I am going to be changing it this week & I will post my revised list soon (we are changing to boy chores and girl chores).
Currently:
AM: Beds, Dishes, Laundry, Kitchen Table (Everyone makes beds, Taylor unloads dishes & dryer *in warm weather we hang our clothes on a line, Tyler loads washing machine & dishwasher, Both big kids fold load of laundry, Tucker wipes kitchen table off)
LUNCH: Outside Chores/Animal Care (Rotate days - Picking up dog poop, Taylor feeds dogs, Tyler rabbits, All kids check chickens & goats)
PM: Pick up Room, Zones* (we will get to this next week)
For Weekly Chores: Pick one day during the week or a different day throughout the week for each chore
Currently:
Thursdays are our BIG cleaning day.
Taylor: Waters plants, sweeps kitchen & school room, empties all the trash (except kitchen)
Tyler: Cleans bathroom sink, wipes mirrors, sweeps living room (During the warmer season I include sweeping the porch)
EVERYONE: Clean up yard day.
My new list I want to add more chores for Tucker & change Taylors. I really want her to make bread & juice for our family. In addition, I want each of us to do something nice for someone else each week.
**Throughout the day we also have a "10 second Tidy" -- this is random when I can't handle the current disaster!! I just announce it & everyone picks up 10 things.
MY CHORES:
Daily: Pick up office, get last minute lesson plans done/copies, pick up kitchen after breakfast, make bed, get babies dressed, layout dinner, help boys with their room, put laundry away, ZONE
Okay, here is another helpful hint: Laundry -- This is a never ending BATTLE!! I have found by seperating loads by day we are starting to WIN the battle.
Example:
Sat/Sun = off *unless overload or emergency
Mon = Jeans
Tue = Darks
Wed = Mediums
Thur = Lights
Fri = Towels
Also, you might have noticed I added notes for warmer weather -- We do have a Winter Chore List & a Warmer Weather Chore List & in the summer during no school it changes slightly. You will find you are revising your list every 3-6 months, as the weather changes & your kids can handle new/different responsibilities.
FYI: We do not pay for chores. Tim says their pay is food and electricity (LOL); however, we do reward for jobs well done, diligent work, ect. If you choose to pay your children go ahead & discuss this with your husband & write down a price/reward next to the chore. If money is not an option, but you would like to reward your child be creative - money isn't the only way to reward. You can reward daily or weekly or whenever you'd like. Here are a couple ideas for rewarding: extend bedtime for that day or one day, treats, time with mom/dad, movie at bedtime/before bed, day free of chores, bake cookies, free time, special favor or privilge, snuggle time, tea party, homemade award, gift certificate. *If you haven't done so already, this is a good time to teach your child about tithing if you decide to reward with money. Another thing we do at our house is a general rule when they do receive money is that 1. they have to put 1/2 in their piggy banks 2. they can't have more than $10 in their wallets. They do have to use their own money on field trips (typically they are allowed to take a certain amount out - set by us) to purchase anything "extra."
Good Luck making your lists! May the Lord lead you to create Service Opportunities for your family that will bring order & great blessings to your family.
No comments:
Post a Comment