My first tab is labeled "Teacher's Manual"
Behind this tab (in order) in a sheet protector is our schedule & a list of curriculum we are using for that year.


Next is a School Calendar. I use June - May. I do this for a couple reasons but mainly b/c I like to plan according to seasons. It seems that everything changes (new schedule, gardening, chores, etc) with the season. For me it is easier to plan ahead with my calendar this way. I use the "ruled calendar" in the school calendar section at donnayoung.org. I like the ruled calendar so that I can make notes on the side. Basically, I use this calendar to see an overview of our "calendar school year" & plan when we will take breaks. The only thing I write in the ruled section next to the calendars is a number for the week we are on & vacations or breaks. I circle the date on the calendar for holidays (you may want to circle birthdays too!) * I have this in a page protector too & on the back is the next years calendar.
Here is a quick link to see all the available school calendars: http://www.donnayoung.org/calendars/school/index.htm
Next is my History reading schedule & behind that my monthly tab's begin. I think I got the monthly tabs at Mardels, but I am sure any office supply store will carry them. I haven't seen them at Walmart or Target though. I have started these tabs by putting September first.
Behind each monthly tab is a monthly calendar for that month. I just printed one from a computer program that my computer came with. I have Windows Vista & find them in the Microsoft Works Calendar. I just print blank ones for the month. I use these calendars for an overview. Mainly the history theme or topic we will be using. Sometimes I use the back to make notes & jot down books Taylor could read independently & how long it would take her. Here is what it looks like:

I also print out a weekly calendar from the same program on my computer. On this calendar I write the scripture at the top & in each day I write our "units" or humanities lesson plan. In the days/boxes I write the kids name & use it to keep track of "points" I give them for answering review questions (see school store post in the future for more info). Here is an example:

This is what I made for this year:





The last thing I have behind each month is a Field Trip Report Sheet.

At the end of the monthly dividers I have the pocket divider (without tabs) for my Enrichment Classes (at this point is isn't a lot so this works -- I may have to give it it's own tab someday . . . you will know what works for you.) The last thing in this section is a chart with my kids & the age/grade for each year. I try to teach as much as possible as a group & then evaluate what I need for them as individuals. This helps me see what ages/grades I may link together. It is nice to see where one will be when another is at a certain point.

That's "ALL" Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment