My induction was scheduled for 10 a.m. Thursday morning. Tuesday night I began having contractions every 3 minutes for over an hour. Right about the point I agreed to go to the hospital they began to weaken & eventually stop. TEASE! Thursday morning Momma D. came & collected the Outlaws. Then Big Daddy & I headed to the hospital. When I got to the hospital I was having contractions & was dilated to a 2. At 11 a.m. I was started on a slow pit drip (meds to induce contractions) that was increased every 20 minutes. The kids got to the hospital at about 1ish & I was starting to get uncomfortable. My contractions were about 5 minutes apart & were quickly getting stronger. For most of my laboring I drifted into my own world with my ipod tuned to "mommy songs." As far as "Major Labor" I only had about an hour & a half of "hard labor." At one point I did ask the nurse to check me & when she told me I was at a 6 I asked for a dose of statol. I don't do epidurals & I probably would have powered through without any meds if the kids wouldn't have been there, but I was really trying to power through & remain "calm."
The Outlaws were amazing in the delivery room. WOW! Never did I have to ask them to be quiet or ask for them to leave. *Momma D. deserves some credit for this - she seemed to take them for walks at all the perfect times. Little Trevor was such an inspiration during labor. Several times he would stand by my bedside, rub my cheek & whisper, "I love you mommy." What a cherished memory that will be for me. Then there was my little momma . . .

. . . she never left my side. She was the only one that stayed with me & is the sole reason her brothers got to see the baby being born. She is going to make an amazing midwife someday! She was a great little nurse to me & I loved having her by my side.
No comments:
Post a Comment