Monday, May 18

Not Me! Monday!

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.



I completely missed Not Me Monday last week & I want you to know it did NOT have anything to do with the fact that I am totally in love with my TrueMan! So, I have 2 weeks worth of things I did NOT do . . .

First of all, I did not call my mom at 5 a.m. to ask her what I should do b/c I was having contractions every 5 minutes for over an hour on my 5th pregnancy. (& just so you know, she did not laugh out of frustration & tell me to call my doctor NOT my mom!)

I did not stay up late 2 nights before my induction cleaning our house from top to bottom. & I really did not go as far as scrubbing our doors. Not Me!

We all know I am such a, "fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl that hardly ever gets upset about anything," well enough to know that I did not have a nervous break down & cry hysterically when Big Daddy took all the Outlaws on a 4 wheeler ride at 8 p.m. the night before my induction & brought them ALL back cover in mud from head to toe - LITERALLY! (Can you believe he really did NOT see how selfish & inconsiderate that was. He did not call me a "fun-sucker" either.) I did not consider running away to a hotel & having a baby without him either. Not me! That thought never crossed my mind.

I did not try to accommodate a Little League baseball game while in the middle of labor.

I really did NOT go to the hospital nursery to get my baby & ask for the wrong kid! Not Me!

I did not schedule my newborn's check up with my 3 year old's annual check up - which included a shot & blood draw for allergies (the nurses did not miss the vein the first time either) 4 days post-partum. I did not have to help pin my child down & I did not cry like a baby when I had to stare into his tear filled eyes as he screamed for his daddy. And it wasn't me who cried when the doctor told me that I needed to supplement my newborn with a bottle because he lost too much weight too quick. Not Me! Bottle feeding? How do you do that?

I certainly did not marry a man who would ask me "if I was ready to plant 4 acres of watermelons" less than a week after giving birth to his 5th son! Not Me! I did however, throw the closest thing in reach at the man that did ask his wife that!

I did not allow my first born child to go back to TN with my momma for 10 days & I am not going to allow him to fly home all by himself on an airplane - which I did not cry when purchased. I did not cry hysterically when they left & he did not call me crying at 11 p.m. last night b/c he already missed me & it really did not make me feel better that he does miss his momma. Not Me!

My sweet newborn baby did not pee & poop on me at least 5 times this week! Not Me! Babies cannot shoot poop a foot long! Not my baby!

No comments: