Sunday, June 28

Guess Who?

Guess who did drama camp all week?


Guess who did a fabulous performance in a 2 person skit from a scene in The Secret Garden ?


Guess who decided to audition for The Bridge to Terabithia?


Guess who got the lead role in the play of their very 1st audition ever?

Daddy's Girl!!!!
We did drama classes a couple years ago & she did really well, but the stage stopped offering the class & at about this same time our season of storms began to hit our household. We took a break from EVERYTHING until recently. Now we are experiencing enough sunshine to slowly add activities to our schedules. I asked Taylor what she wanted to do this summer & she wasn't forth coming at all - so I decided for her. I heard about the drama camp for a week & knew that was it! Once she began, she really loved it & remembered the passion she had for acting. So, I mentioned The Bridge to Terabitha auditions. At first she was hesitant, but after getting a little pep-talk from her daddy she quickly became excited. So, I hauled My Little Buckaroo, 2 Mustangs, & Daddy's Girl to the auditions. When Taylor was called up to the stage they gave her the script of Jesse, the little sister. I was sorta disappointed because I was afraid she was going to be too big to be the sister & assumed they thought she was too little to be Leslie, the main character. I was hoping for just a small part & glad she was getting the experience. So, you can imagine the surprise when the phone rang & I was told she got THE LEAD!! Oh my goodness!! She did it! She is Leslie!
Way to go Daddy's Girl. We love you & are VERY proud of you!!

1 comment:

Nicki said...

I know! How fun is THAT? My girls are SO excited!