Wednesday, November 18

Name Fun

I have truly enjoyed teaching the boys how to recognize, spell, & write their names. We have . . . .

  • molded them with play dough
  • built them with blocks & magnet letters
  • traced over them on chalkboards
  • written them on handwriting paper
  • finger-painted them
  • searched for them around the house on various cutouts (ex. foot steps, hearts, stickies, etc.)
  • Letter matching with . . .

Name plates & bottle tops that I was inspired to make from Tools For Tots:

101_1181

Envelope with their name on them, then letters cut up to match. You can have them place the letters on top of the ones on the envelope or under like shown in this picture:

101_1186

But our all time favorites have been . . .

Cookies!!

That’s right, I found ABC cookies(@ Tom Thumb). YUMMY!101_0949 I gave them each a handful of cookies, making sure the letters in their name & our letter of the week were included. We also used these to practice our letters & the sounds they make & Momma’s Boy used them to practice his spelling words. 101_0948

What creative ideas do you have for teaching your kids how to spell their names?