My friend, Kate, is expecting her 4th baby, 3rd boy, & 1st TEXAN!
What a great opportunity to attempt my first diaper cake – COWBOY style of course!
I cheated just a little though. I saved my diaper cake from my shower for just the occasion, since I use cloth & all. I did however, add a tier & some major bling to it!
This project is sooo easy & super fun!
You will need:
- diapers
- round tray
- ribbon (I used 3 different sizes, 5 different colors/styles)
- 2 bandannas
- hot-glue gun
- 1 sheet of scrapbooking stickers or embellishments
- tin (from target $1 *optional)
- 2 onesies & 1 baby legs
I just rolled the diapers & secured them with a little bit of tape to keep them from unrolling. I used size 1 for the top & bottom layer & size nb for the middle layer. I rapped a string around 6-7 diapers & grouped them together to make each layer.
Then I wrapped ribbon around each layer & secured it with dabs of hot-glue (about every 3 diapers).
I wrapped a bandanna around the top layer, with a “Wanted” sticker on it & hot glued a bow to the top:
To top it off, I added a blue tin that I painted the baby’s name on:
With this rolled up inside:
I placed the cake on a round pizza type pan covered with a bandanna.
Now this is my kind of cake makin!