Another homeschool mom (who is graduating her last daughter next year) recently shared a tradition she stole from the Public School system . . .
D.E.A.R. Every day after lunch they Drop Everything And Read for 30 minutes to an hour. It is a nice little down time for everyone to do a little reading for pleasure. I wonder if the association with deer would help it go over any better with my crew? I think we are going to try this out soon. When my schoolroom is complete I may set up a few pop-up tents & let them do a little D.E.A.R. hunting – for books!!
What about you . . . do you have any traditions you’ve created over the years? Is there something you’ve done since the beginning that you’d like to share? Or do you have a reading tip you’d like to share?
If so leave me a comment, I’d love to hear/read about it!