Our sweet girl left this week for her summer visitation with her mom. She will be gone most of the month of July. It is always hard to see the kids go off & honestly it is even harder when they come back –> adjusting back to our rules & expectations isn’t always easy for any of us, but it is just part of this blended family thing, so we make it work the best we can. A lot has changed since THIS post, when I prayed:
I pray mostly for Taylor . . .
That He holds her in His arms & gives her a peace & understanding for His plan. That she does not seek anyone more than God. I pray that she finds happiness in the Lord & not her living arrangements. That she understands her value is not in the kind of parents she has, but in the kind God she serves.
God is soooo GOOD! Taylor is doing extremely well. She is in a much better place emotionally than EVER before!! Although, she misses her mom (naturally) she seems to be at peace with the situation & definitely has a better understanding of the circumstances. I truly believe the Lord took this burden from her & she has found joy in life.
I pray for myself . . .
That I may give God the glory & be the bigger person – not a total bitch, but not a complete push-over either. I pray that I can be a good wife, mom, & Christian no matter what.
No doubt – the Glory is all His! I wish I could say I was always the bigger person, but I’m only human. Emotions have settled & we are all handling things much better & doing our best to keep Taylor out of the middle.
I pray for Taylor’s mom too . . .
I pray that God opens her eyes so that she may be the mom that Taylor needs. I pray God opens her heart to do what is best for Taylor. I told her a long time ago that no matter how good a mom I am to Taylor or how happy she is with us, some day she will look to her & have questions.
Taylor’s mom is doing well in my opinion. She has realized that for the time being we are able to provide a more stable home for Taylor; however, she is trying to improve her situation so that someday Taylor may be able to live with her. I continue to pray for God to work in her life.
I pray for the lawyers & judge . . .
I am so thankful that we have a God fearing, kind, hard working, very good attorney fighting this battle with us. He truly cares about Taylor & her safety much more than money.
I pray that God gives the judge a clear view of the situation & he makes the best ruling in regards to Taylor’s safety & spiritual walk.
I try not to get into too much detail; however, now that things are somewhat settled I can share that we still have custody & full conservatorship of Taylor. Her mother agreed to counseling & a few other terms that were very important to us regarding her visits with Taylor. She was also ordered to pay child support.
I pray for Taylor’s counselor . . .
That God uses her as a vessel to equip Taylor with the coping skills she so desperately needs as she is unfortunately in the middle. I thank God for her counselor as she equips us to be better parents & urges us to keep Taylor out of it.
All the adults attended group counseling. Counseling has proven to be a great thing for all of us. Taylor started going at least once a week – once on her own & once with one of us at times. It has slowly decreased now to just once a month! Just to keep this real – counseling is NOT easy. There were times none of agreed, times we were all screaming at each other, lot’s of tears, & a great deal of work. There were numerous occasions we disagreed (even with the counselor), but we toughed it out & with God’s grace we are doing well.
I pray for God’s will!
It is so easy to get carried away wanting to be right. The Lord has reeled us all in & been so good to us. He continues to work on all our hearts & mold us for His plan. This summer Taylor has voiced her desire to return home for her schooling. Over the next few weeks we will be prayerfully considering homeschooling Taylor next year. My heart is in homeschooling, but I want to make sure that I am following God’s plan & not mine!!