**UPDATE**
Thank you sooo much for those of you that volunteered to send us post cards. The boys will be so excited to receive them. If you are still willing to do so please e-mail me at: rockinc@ntin.net. Thank you!!!
This year (next week!! – how is that for last minute?), we will be studying American History using Winter Promise’s All American 1 curriculum. In addition to history, the curriculum also has a geography study for older children (my mustangs will join in on part of this). Each week a state is focused on. And it just so happens that as I am neck deep in planning I came across the Great American Postcard Swap idea. How cool would it be for my kids to receive a postcard from the state we are learning about?
I don’t think I’m “popular” enough to host a full-force postcard swap & I know not all my readers are studying states or using WP this year, but would you be interested in exchanging postcards or at least sending us a state themed postcards and include 1 or 2 state facts in the message area?
Here are the states we will cover this year & a {very} tentative schedule:
*If you don’t mind mailing us a postcard it does not have to arrive the exact week we are studying – these are merely dates I’d like to receive them by.
| date | state |
| 7/11 | Maine |
| 7/18 | Massachusetts |
| 7/25 | New Hampshire |
| 8/1 | Vermont |
| 8/8 | Connecticut |
| 8/15 | Rhode Island |
| 8/22 | New York |
| 8/29 | New Jersey |
| 9/5 | Pennsylvania |
| 9/12 | West Virginia |
| 10/23 | Maryland |
| 10/30 | Delaware |
| 11/7 | North Carolina |
| 11/14 | Virginia |
| 11/21 | Kentucky |
| 11/28 | Tennessee |
| 12/5 | South Carolina |
| 1/2 | Georgia |
| 1/9 | Alabama |
| 1/16 | Mississippi |
| 1/23 | Florida |
| 1/30 | Arkansas |
| 2/6 | Louisiana |
| 2/13 | Ohio |
| 2/20 | Michigan |
| 2/27 | Indiana |
| 3/5 | Illinois |
| 3/12 | Wisconsin |
| 3/26 | Minnesota |
| 4/2 | Iowa |
| 4/9 | Missouri |
| 4/16 | North Dakota |
| 4/23 | South Dakota |
| 4/30 | Nebraska |
| 5/7 | Kansas |
THANK YOU!!
1 comment:
Tiffany~I got the books,thanks so much.I will send you all a few postcards from INDIANA.
I like the chore cards,your sister did a great job!
Post a Comment