I recently posted My Cleaning Schedule, so this post might be a little redundant, but here is what is behind the cleaning section of my Home Management binder. And a little more detail . . .
My weekly schedule for household tasks is as follows:
Monday – Cleaning Day: Sometimes I get a jumpstart on this on Sunday evening, but for the most part Monday is my weekend recovery day. The boys & I go through the house room-by-room or split up & race each other with a treat at the end of each clean room. I usually play music & it is a fun time for us – yes, cleaning is fun.
Tuesday – Kitchen Day: This is the day I look at the weeks menu & do all the food prep I possibly can for the remainder of the week. I also try to give the kitchen a little tlc (especially if it is not my focus zone for the week). I can’t tell you how this has bailed me out from crazy busy weeks or from cheating & popping a pizza in or opening a can of Spaghetti O’s.
Wednesday – Laundry Day: “I will not leave you nor forsake you,” this is what I say each time I greet my washer. As soon as I hit the floor on Wednesday’s I start a load of laundry & set a timer so I am totally on top of it. The kids help me somewhat on laundry day. They do quite a bit of outside chores & have a good amount of self-responsibility, I don’t have them help with the laundry other than folding towels or easy loads & putting away their own clothes. However, I recently bought this bad-boy & they are all begging to fold their own shirts!! I love Kim’s idea of “4x4” or “2x2” – racing the clock – 2 loads by 2pm. Typically, I try to do a load a day (1x1) so that laundry day isn’t absolutely cRaZy, but I have managed to school, wash, fold, & put away up to 7 full capacity loads! This included hanging sheets & towels!! (*It helps to have an easy meal or crockpot meal prepared. Wednesdays are usually our pizza night) It is a lot of work, but the accomplishment at the end of the day is amazing. Come to think of it, the first 3 days of my week are a lot of work, but then it is all down hill from there . . .
Thursday – Office Day: My office day is pretty simple. I pay bills, do online shopping, blog, catch up & clean out my e-mail inbox, work on lesson plans & meal plans. My Type A heart yearns for Thursdays!!
Friday – Town Day: Friday’s are typically our fun day or errand day. Because we live so far from town most often no matter what is on the schedule grocery shopping is done this day. I also try to save doc appointments for Fridays. During the fall & spring it is also our co-op day.
Saturdays – Rest: I was raised 7th Day Adventist & although I don’t follow their teachings strictly or attend a SDA church, I still prefer to make Saturday’s our family day of rest & enjoying the country life. Living on a farm there is always work that needs to be done, so it is not always a true day of rest.
Sundays – Project Day: After church on Sundays we usually hang out or work on household projects as a family.
On the other side is a schedule I printed from donnayoung.org
My focus areas are:
- Week 1: Kitchen
- Week 2: Living Room
- Week 3: Master Bedroom & Office
- Week 4: Other Bedrooms & Bathroom
- Week 5: Schoolroom
My binder contains these cleaning schedules/checklists & a list for each room (from iHeartOrganizing) . I plan to print the room lists out for the kids & have a list available in each room (soon).
Next up – My Meal Planning & Grocery Shopping
No comments:
Post a Comment