Monday, July 11

Around the House . . .

 

There have been LOT’S of little projects in the works!

The boys room got an AMAZING aquarium .  .  .

july 2011 437

 

 

    Originally it was going to be set-up in the library area of school(barn), but we finally opted for it to go in the boys room!  To add to the excitement we put 2 of our tilapia's inside here (which are mouth brooders) that just had babies!  

 

 

 

 

 

I am making our hallway a family message center:

july 2011 438   july 2011 440

*I’ll be posting more on this soon!

My office/scraproom is in the process of becoming an office/scraproom/closet . . .

july 2011 436

Tara has quite the wardrobe!

july 2011 442

So basically, almost every room in the house is slightly under construction. 

My household project goals are:

July – My office & finish the hallway

We are sooo limited on closet space & I am sooo limited on time to scrapbook, so I decided to combine my scrapbooking area with my office area so we can make the current scrap area into a closet.  Once I get it organized & cleaned out it shouldn’t be that big of a project – I’m not doing anything fancy – just functional :) *I am painting it turquoise though!!

August – My room & Tara’s room

Last summer I completely redid Taylor’s room & we gave her our furniture.  We’ve been meaning to purchase new furniture, but had a hard time finding something we agreed on & that would fit the style of our home.  We have finally agreed on this Crown Mark furniture & I’m hoping Big Daddy will get it for us for our anniversary (Aug 3). 

Now that Taylor is not living here I am making her former bedroom Tara’s Room/”The Girls” room.  Although I have drooled over several baby beddings I have decided NOT to set-up the crib.  (Yes, it is still up from Truman, but is coming down soon!)  Honestly, I just don’t use them.  Not enough to justify the room it takes up or the cost of a girly baby bedding.  Instead, I will be setting up a changing table (a sweet friend gave me for FREE) & blingin’ the room to full pink capacity!  At first, I refused to repaint it, but after doing a little decorating planning I will definitely be getting the paint brushes back out!  More to come on her room next month!  Expect to see lot’s of color, bits of several animal prints, with a vintage twist. 

September – The boys room

The boys room definitely needs some attention!  They broke one of the windows, the wall needs sheet-rocked where we closed it off to the kitchen, all the walls desperately need to be repainted, & the carpet is awful.  Their room is going to be quite the project.  I’m not sure we will be able to afford new flooring, but we are hoping to get most of it back in order.  We are slowly beginning to move Truman out of our bedroom & into the boys room – to make things more comfortable we need to turn our bunk-bed into a triple bunk.  The problem is that the current beds don’t sit high enough up to slide a trundle under them.  We’ll see what create way my handyman come up with . . . 

Could I be nesting {already} ?

No comments: