Now that Truman has demanded to start school it would just thrill his very being for me to spend my entire day “schooling” him alone – there are these 3 other boys that are kinda needing the same thing from me. So to occupy my eager learner I took Carissa’s Tot-Notebook idea & ran with it! I made 3 notebooks for Truman! LOL Yes, you read that right. 3. He has a main notebook, BFIAR notebook, & an activity notebook (full of “busy bags”). In his main notebook I printed pages from 1+1+1=1, Homeschool Creations, & Confessions of a Homeschooler (*I did not print EVERYTHING each site had – ONLY the ones I thought he would enjoy/I liked.) I put the printouts in page protectors so he could reuse it (otherwise, it would last 5 minutes). The first page is his scripture (letter related from Raising Rockstars Preschool Pack) followed by letter pages, then shapes, colors, numbers, & lastly a page with his name on it (for name recognition).
I had no true intentions of beginning letters with him until August so at this point I am just following his lead. We will work on a letter as long as he needs/wants. I’m not doing a “letter a week” schedule. I will lightly focus on a different shape & color each week, but his folder content is not exclusive to this. I’ll be sharing more of my Tot-to-Preschool plans soon.
I can NOT tell you how much he enjoys his notebook! He will sit & “do school” for at least 30 minutes – all on his own prompting. AND he will return to it throughout the day.
He is very proud of himself.
4 comments:
Do you recall where the middle pic is from - Getting Ready For A?
It was from beginningreading.com - if I remember correctly, A was the only free printable they had. You can always google "letter hunt". My boys love this activity & pretend to "shoot" the letters :)
Thanks!
I read that wrong - LOL (we are ALL sick) the MIDDLE pic is from 1+1+1=1
sorry!
Post a Comment