Friday, April 27

One Hundred Other Things . . .

I did not purposefully abandon my poor little blog.  I have just had at least one hundred other things that have stole my time.  And I seriously have one hundred other things I should be doing right now, but my sweet girl …

2012 1004

… is sleeping & my boys are playing together …

2012 288

This is a rare moment for me lately.  Quiet.

I have done several photoshoots lately so I should be editing pictures, but I really wanted to pop in & update my blog.  I still don’t have any intentions of completely quitting this blog, but motherhood & work on the side has taken top priority (leaving me with little options otherwise).

So what exactly have we been up to?

School.  I’m going to be totally honest.  School has been hard.  Not “schooling” but school.  Before I had Tara (ahem, 7 months ago) we were on such a fabulous routine & were really gettin’ ‘er done.  Then I had a baby.  I kept postponing our start date, holidays crept up on us, then my husband had a horrible gun accident.  And it just kept seeming like something was in the way of school.  We continued our enrichment classes & did most of our basic work, but not consistently.  Suddenly, the flow of the schoolroom wasn’t working for us & I began to work on that.  What I thought was going to be a quick update of our schoolroom turned into A LOT of work & took WAY longer than I anticipated.  At one point in life, this slow-mo of school would have freaked me out & made me feel like a failure.  I did struggle to be truthful, but I have learned to go with the flow.  We are gradually easing our way back into a routine & getting more & more done each week.  Sometimes it is a few steps forward & a couple backward – either way, we are enjoying this time together & I believe THAT is was is the most important.  I have created a learning environment all over our property, house, & school{barn} so even when we aren’t “working” I trust my kids are still learning & I have learned to accept that at times.  I have even stepped out of my type-A box & allowed a week lesson plan to take a couple weeks.  I haven’t gone total “unschooler” on ya, but definitely relaxed more than I ever thought was possible.  With that said, here is a glimpse into the last several weeks of our lives (& no, it isn’t pretty & scrapbooked).

Truman LOVES school:

2012 0992012 200

My niece is Truman’s very best friend.  He loves for her to do school with him, but he is not the nicest share-er.

2012 4262012 4292012 4312012 4402012 4452012 450

We organized a field trip to our local dairy for our homeschool group.

2012 12242012 12312012 12332012 1240

Our schoolroom floor always looks something like this:

2012 4002012 401

Saint Patrick’s Day was a lot of fun:

2012 4192012 4642012 424 (2)2012 4612012 4632012 447

We finished our greenhouse!

2012 10462012 1060

The boys couldn’t resist the bunnies at the flea market right before Easter

2012 1356

Easter was a blast!  We had a huge party at our house (3 egg hunts!!)

2012 1248

Tara’s first Easter Dress.

ipix 412

My brother-in-law got married & I was the wedding photographer (YIKES!)

kara 232

And my handsome first born was the ring bearer.

kara 018

We’ve enjoyed the sunshine at the park

ipix 471

My girly is getting so big & her brothers just adore her (still!)

ipix 505ipix 449

This is life for us.

ipix 509

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Never a dull moment :)