Okay, so here is where your second set of TABS comes in . . .
For my homeschool section I purchased a set of 8 tabs; however, you may choose to use more than 1 set or a set with more tabs.
A few thoughts on this: I used tabs/dividers with pockets for these. Also, Walmart, Mardels, &/or Target may have JUST THE Pocket dividers (without tabs) I have found these EXCELLENT additions to this folder. They are A MUST HAVE!!
Here is how I labeled my tabs as well as a couple ideas for labeling your tabs:
Tab 1: Teachers Manual
School schedule
Curriculum list
School Calendar x2
Yearly Lesson Plans
MONTHLY DIVIDERS
Monthly Calendar
Weekly Lesson Plans
Pocket Folder for EC
Childrens grade/age layout
Tab 2: Curriculum
Pocket Folder (loose flyers, ect.)
Layout of favorite curriculum corresponding to grade levels
Annual Curriculum Guide based on History topics for each year
History Topics & corresponding curriculum chart
Favorite Curriculum ideas, printouts, info, ect. (To easily identify these I placed mini-adhesive tabs at the beginning of each new curriculum
Pocket Folder (for Art & Music Appreciation ideas/lists)
Tab 3: Books
Books WANTED List (divided by topic)
Art, Music, Nature, History, Individual reading, Read alounds, classics, ect.
MY MANY BOOK LISTS
(outdated) Inventory
Tabs 4-7: One for each Child
Yearly layout for each individual subject done independantly (or with mom)/NOT AS A GROUP
Reading Layout
Spelling
Grammar
Language Lessons
Math
*Behind my little ones tabs are Preschool/Toddler activities
Tab 8: Goals & Inspiration:
Quotes, scriptures, poems, encouragement
Goals for my children/family
Ideas/goals I wish to implement into our schooling
Blank paper
Okay, I have once again overwhelmed you . . . There is the "layout." I will begin to list ideas & post links & pictures of what I have done with this.
This week just make a list of all the tabs you would like to have & decide how many you want. Please think of what you need. I don't have a tab for extra curricular tabs, but have added pocket dividers behind each child for their own activities. You may wish to have individual tabs for these activities. Ex. dance, 4-H, baseball, gymnastics, drama, ect. If there is a lot of paper work for these activities it would be a good idea to give it it's own tab (or make a general "Extra Curricular" tab & add adhesive tabs to seperate each subject.) Instead of having a tab for each child you may want to have a tab for each subject (adhesive tabs could be used here to divide by child as well). You could also add a section for a rewards system or a co-op section.
Have A Blessed Week!!
Tiff
No comments:
Post a Comment