Thursday, February 11

Exiting the Rainforest

qLast week was the conclusion to our study of the rainforest.  After an entire month of sickness running its course through our home, I refused to surrender to sore throats, coughing, & fevers.  I decided to drug all my kids (I was desperate!) & take them to the Dallas World Aquarium as a finale to our rainforest study.   It was the perfect escape & wasn’t too overwhelming for my sick recovering kids.  They loved it!  The mustangs thought it was a “real” rainforest.  LOL  The aquariums were absolutely beautiful.  My boys thought seeing the sharks being fed was pretty cool too.  Tucker did have a slight melt-down when a monkey busted a grape pooped on his head.101_2008101_2011

  . . . Feeding a baby parrot made it all better though :)  We all had so much fun playing we the otters.  They were hilarious to watch & were super playful.  Trevor was ecstatic to get so close to a REAL jaguar (his favorite!).  I loved seeing my boys enjoying the wonders of God’s creation inside a mini-rainforest.  I am so thankful I have the opportunity to expose them to these experiences.  It is one thing to spend several weeks looking through wonderful books, but nothing compares to the real-life experiences.  Well, as real as we can get without visiting South America or Africa!  What a fabulous day of memories we made together.  Sick or not!  r