-How you keep your marriage fresh with a growing family?
Big Daddy & I have been married for 9 years. Considering we have “his”, “mine”, & “ours” we already had a ready made family from the start. Our marriage has seen season’s of its own, but the good have far outweighed the rough & we’ve definitely grown from the difficult times. I think our marriage is so strong because we talk. Big Daddy is my best friend. We don’t “date” a lot, but we spend a lot of time together – mostly me doing what he wants to do.
-How you save money?
LOL. I am terrible with money. He is worse with it. We do have a set amount in a fund that is untouchable – totally off limits! With the economy the way it is & our family size continuing to grow I have tried to be more frugal, but I’m not very good & it. I try not to use paper products for meals that would be a quick clean up anyway (Ex. Sandwiches), I buy as much in bulk as possible, I try to buy off brands, I save kids clothes, I only go to town once a week, I breastfeed & use cloth diapers, I don’t buy junk toys, we don’t have cable TV (we do have Netflix), I don’t run the AC in rooms we aren’t using, & I can’t think of anything else . . .
-What you do just for yourself?
I stay up way too late. I blog. I hide candy for emergencies. I have nice things – not a lot of them, but what I do have is nice – my make-up, most of my clothes, my purse, my shoes, etc..
-Scripture passages you find encouraging
This is such a seasonal thing for me. The Lord has used specific scriptures during difficult seasons of my life. My favorite story in the Bible is David. I heart Beth Moore Bible Studies!!
-How to maintain your sanity after a new baby when your exhausted, you breast hurt, your other children are pulling on you and your husband comes home after a full day of work looking for dinner?
Life after a new baby is always an adjustment in our house. Usually, more in my marriage than anywhere else. I get thrown deep into “Mommy-Mode” that it is very hard for me to feel like or desire to be a wife. The day-to-day duties aren’t hard for me – the making my husband feel wanted or important are. It is a huge struggle for me to give him attention. I have to remind myself that I really do like him. We’ve don’t this enough now that I recognize my emotions & am more aware of my attitude. He knows it is just part of my post-partum phase & tries not to take it personal. As far as the household stuff: I try to accept help (meals & childcare). I have to give Big Daddy credit – he helps a lot with the kids. Typically after I have a baby he stays home for 3-6 weeks. He doesn’t cook, clean, or do diapers, but he is does spend a lot of time with the kids (OUTSIDE) – which helps A LOT!!
No comments:
Post a Comment